I have committed a grave error that has caused others pain and cost me friendship.
I spent so much time focused on what I lost, on what I no longer have, on what I can no longer be...
... and I forgot who I am and what I have to offer.
The magic isn't gone, it is always there, in the quiet places-- when everything else is empty, my heart is always full.
Are you being to hard on yourself?
ReplyDeleteWhen I was gravely ill, I had to be reminded that I was grieving for 'lost self' and all that implies....
The Denial,
Anger,
Blame
Acceptance.. and, if you are blessed,
the Gratitude that can come...
I also saw that there were fire-walkers among my friends, but there were many more who were too cool-blooded for the trial. Most cool-blooded ones came back after the ordeal, sometimes a bit sheepishly, or others as if nothing had happened at all...
But then, the as-if-nothings encountered trails of their own, and turned to me immediately for help.
I am so grateful that my round with cancer gave me a well of empathy for I must confess that I was in short supply beforehand.
So, yes, treasure the heart that is always full!