I've been slowly accumulating a list of fibromyalgia resources for coping strategies, pain management, information for family and friends, etc. I have no idea why my rheumatologist didn't give me more information like this when I was diagnosed a year ago. It would have been fabulously helpful to know in advance.
When I get it all cleaned up and organized I will write up one of those beautiful, shiny long posts with lots of pictures and relevant information.
But I have to do something about the pain, exhaustion, and weakness soon. August, September and October have been really frustrating (the most tactful way I can put it...). Flexeril helps with the muscle spasms but contributes to insomnia and depression... Cymbalta, Saevella, and Lyrica-- the three medications specifically for fibromyalgia-- all had terrible, untenable side-effects (including hours of memory loss, lock jaw, and rage).
But I have to do something about the pain, exhaustion, and weakness soon. August, September and October have been really frustrating (the most tactful way I can put it...). Flexeril helps with the muscle spasms but contributes to insomnia and depression... Cymbalta, Saevella, and Lyrica-- the three medications specifically for fibromyalgia-- all had terrible, untenable side-effects (including hours of memory loss, lock jaw, and rage).
But I need to have an even sleep schedule within three weeks when I start part-time work. I have to be capable of a "same Bat time, same Bat channel" routine. Unless there is a bus that runs there? I kinda doubt it, but I will check with the employer on Thursday when I fill out paperwork.
Other than that... just the usual sundries and chores to do. It makes me smile rather sadly though because those little sundries take weeks to accomplish-- not procrastination, just lack of energy, or copious pain, or weakness, or other little sundries get in the way.
Other than that... just the usual sundries and chores to do. It makes me smile rather sadly though because those little sundries take weeks to accomplish-- not procrastination, just lack of energy, or copious pain, or weakness, or other little sundries get in the way.
For example-- setting up my printer.
Printers are heavy, so there is that obstacle to overcome. It isn't that heavy I know, but most days now every object feels like it is in a stronger gravitational field. So that 15 lb. printer feels like it weighs 80 lbs. So it doesn't get moved for a week. The cables to the printer are buried somewhere in a box that is buried under other boxes that also feel much heavier than they should. So it doesn't get set up for another few days. Time passes and little tasks like that seem almost insurmountable.
I focus on other things-- doctor appointments, paperwork, etc.-- as long fibro-fog allows and if it doesn't require leaving the house too much. Running too many errands in a day causes crippling spasms and pain and exhaustion that wipes me out.
It can't go on this way, so I berate myself for lagging behind and try something, anything! Then this happens. I'm up in pain till 4 a.m. or later, in pain, and wonder if it was worth it to try.
Printers are heavy, so there is that obstacle to overcome. It isn't that heavy I know, but most days now every object feels like it is in a stronger gravitational field. So that 15 lb. printer feels like it weighs 80 lbs. So it doesn't get moved for a week. The cables to the printer are buried somewhere in a box that is buried under other boxes that also feel much heavier than they should. So it doesn't get set up for another few days. Time passes and little tasks like that seem almost insurmountable.
I focus on other things-- doctor appointments, paperwork, etc.-- as long fibro-fog allows and if it doesn't require leaving the house too much. Running too many errands in a day causes crippling spasms and pain and exhaustion that wipes me out.
It can't go on this way, so I berate myself for lagging behind and try something, anything! Then this happens. I'm up in pain till 4 a.m. or later, in pain, and wonder if it was worth it to try.
My limits are very small and confining right now and that is frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment