I have seen close friends that I care about pulled apart simply by inconsiderate acts and inability to forgive each other. I wrote a snippet of a story about it for my friend, Erin, who was caught in the crossfire, merely trying to be a good friend to all involved, and not choosing sides.
I think it is important to remember these things:
Be compassionate and considerate of others.
Be forgiving when others are not compassionate or considerate of you... everyone makes mistakes. Forgive: because you need forgiving. Forgive as much as you want to be forgiven-- then forgive once more.
Be warm. The world is cold and cruel. Do not make it cold and cruel and lonely. So be warmth.
Be soft. If we yield there can be no battle. If we bend we will not break.
If nothing else, be humble-- see that pride, indignation, righteous fury, and our vision of "how others ought to be" leaves all friends as strangers.
Remember those sweet friends overlooked while arguing with our other friends. There are always victims of our inconsideration.
No comments:
Post a Comment