Everyday I am off Flexeril my "baseline" mood improves a little. But my body also hurts worse and sleep is more elusive. There is this weird balance between some increased energy and sprouting urges to actually do things (rather than mopey brooding caused by Flexeril) and the lack of sleep and increasing pain from not taking Flexeril. No good without bad, I guess.
I have done some reading and some writing. Most days I still feel like I have to force myself to do anything, but now there are faint glimmers of enjoyment or to persist in a chosen activity. That is much better than I was feeling on the Flexeril-- I had no desire to do anything and would find myself laying on the floor staring at walls with contempt or hopelessness.
I even feel tempted to take a walk, as sore and cramping as I am.
But the nights are still hard, when I am tired and my energy flags I find myself in tears and despondent hysteria again. But even that seems more manageable... I can tell myself to go to sleep where before I was unconsolable with frantic, suicidal sorrow.
Flexeril and I really do not get along. I will keep that in mind.
tough tradeoff... but sounds like you are on the right track...
ReplyDelete