Getting off the Flexeril helped, but there is still lingering depression. Hoping to counteract the depression from Flexeril, my doctor has prescribed Lexapro. I've taken Lexapro in the past without ill result, so I am hopeful. Second day of Lexapro... I seem to be waking up really early in the mornings (3 and 5 am) so I may have to shift around what time of day I am taking the pills. Energy seems to have improved and I feel like I can "breathe" again. I also feel less random anxiety. This doesn't mean I don't get anxiety from specific interactions or events, but I feel calmer between triggers. Still, only the second day, waiting to see what the week will hold.
Taking a higher dosage of Methocarbamol to see if that helps with the pain and muscle spasms. The previous dose wasn't effective and I was getting a lot of breakthrough pain, soreness, and cramping.
Everyone with chronic pain goes through this process. It feels like a losing battle, just because there are so many failures. It helps I guess, to think of it more like stepping stones. Right now I'm testing each stone in front of me with my toes before committing my full weight and footing to it.
Even though I was the most depressed I've been in my life, I kept pushing myself to engage in logically optimal behavior. I didn't feel like doing anything, nothing made me happy, I lost my appetite, and yes, I moped more often than not, but I would force myself to eat something, to do a few chores, to workout (supposedly good for fibro, definitely good for depression), and to apply for jobs (20 in the past 2 weeks). It all seemed pointless and worthless at the time, but I am thankful today. It doesn't mean I'm going to hit the ground running as I come out of depression, but it's better than landing in a dead heap.
No comments:
Post a Comment