Monday, October 7, 2013

Flexerfail

Flexeril was supposed to be my savior (partly anyway). It has stopped the muscle spasms and that helped me sleep initially. I could deal with the dry mouth, headache, and drowsiness. But then I started having insomnia and feeling antsy all the time. Oh anxiety, why are you back? Oh, because the rare opposite side-effects include insomnia and anxiety? Wicked.

I wanted a break from mood altering substances after the past 5 months, but it seems no matter what prescription I take, I end up with some horrible mood change and utterly unhelpful side effects (like insomnia, lock jaw, nausea, etc.)

Well, good thing I am going to see my Rheumatologist tomorrow. Try try again, as they say.

I am just trying to achieve some sort of balance. I am not stupid enough to think that any "pain free" options would let me operate in life (I'd be drooling on myself with my eyes glazed over). I'd like to be able to earn some sort of income to supplement the Social Security Disability I am applying for. I'd like to be able to exercise moderately (like swimming or tai chi) and pursue some creative ventures (like drawing and jewelry crafting). That's all. Just a quiet, balanced life. The Type-A days of perfectionism and workaholic-ism and shooting for glory are definitely over.


No comments:

Post a Comment