Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Good News

The results of my blood test for Celiac's Disease came back negative. Whoo! Great news. I do have genetic markers for Gluten Intolerance-- but I already knew from Elimination Dieting that Gluten messes with digestion, mood, and energy levels as well as skin health. Eliminating gluten from my diet 2 years ago increased my energy levels and ended my problem with chapped and bleeding hands during winter months. When I tried to go back on gluten briefly it gave me headaches, lethargy, indigestion, and bloating.

So the good news is I don't have Celiac's, I do have confirmed genetic predisposition toward gluten intolerance, and I've been doing the right thing by avoiding wheat for 2 years. Huzzah!

I'm a little sick this week with a fever and sore throat so I'm not getting as much done this week as I would like and I may have to delay my interview (which I already cleared with the company in question, they informed me it is fine to reschedule.)

And I'm not as sore as I thought I would be from a 7 mile bike ride this weekend. This has got me seriously considering biking and Tai Chi as an exercise regimen in the near future.

Overall... pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment