Thursday, November 21, 2013

Surreal? Unreal?

I've been having some odd sensations the past two or three weeks. I keep feeling like I am not really here? Not substantial? Invisible maybe? Disconnected. I am not sure how to explain it. Everything will seem normal, except I feel numbed to it, distant, like I am experiencing everything from far away. Other times it feels like nothing is real, like everything is scripted or dream-like. Sometimes I don't feel real. Probably just something to do with depression, fibro brain fog, or meds?

But it can be unsettling when I walk out of a store and suddenly nothing feels real and I cannot remember where I am (which city is this?), when I am (how old am I?), or even what store I just walked out of (hey look a parking lot! there must be a store behind me...)-- let alone where I parked my car (do I own a car?) Etc.

Or when someone talks to me and I startle, forgetting that they can actually see me, that I am actually present and existing.

I swear I am getting early onset dementia sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment