“The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.” ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Friday, August 30, 2013
Holding Pattern
Yesterday was okay and today is worse. The weather is changing, and for reasons unknown, that never helps.
There is nothing else to say. I was supposed to hear back from my doctor on Wednesday, but the MRI results are still not showing up in my chart. I called today and no one seemed to have a clue what was going on and my doctor is out for today, Monday for the holiday, and Tuesday for inexplicable reasons (probably another vacation.)
I am frustrated that it took 4 months to get in to deal with a past test on Vitamin D levels-- not that it is terribly important and I am sure that other patients have more pressing matters. However, it indicates that it could take months to get a new prescription worked out for fibromylagia. But unlike the doctors, I don't get a vacation. The exhaustion and soreness are everyday and the severe pain seems to be spiking every other day. Everyday that passes because of their inefficiency is another day of suffering.
I remember when I was working in a law office dealing with RECA claims/benefits that dealing with doctor's offices was the worst. They constantly lost paperwork, or delayed, or lost messages-- it was like herding cats. No big deal if you only had one office to deal with, but each of the 20 cases I handled had 2-4 doctors and specialists that had to be monitored closely so as not to miss deadlines. Worse, if they didn't move fast enough, some clients died (these were Cold War Era miners that were badly sick from inhaling radioactive dust) and they and their family got NO benefits. I am really frustrated that for the amount of money everyone spends, our medical system is so slow and sloppy.
I am trying to be patient, but it is hard when "patient" means putting my life on hold to deal with pain and physical weakness. I want to move forward, I NEED to move forward to work and be self-sufficient,--but I'm stuck back where I began in February.
Hopefully this resolves sooner than later. I will go to the rhuematologist once my MRI results are back if he has an appointment available sooner than my doctor.
That's all. No great words of wisdom, no amazing breakthrough... just back in a holding pattern waiting for something, anything, to resolve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment